This is a great back country (rough) trail that can easily be accessed by people with a reasonable level of fitness. It crosses through the privately owned Coronet Peak Station, but is maintained by the AVA.
• Length: About 10kms
• Fitness level: Reasonable fitness
• Special gear: Good pair of shoes is necessary
• Time required to complete the circuit: 1.5 to 2 hrs
• Weather considerations: If you choose to go during winter, make sure you have warm clothes, allow for extra time and leave in good time to return in daylight. Walking poles will also be useful as the track is frequently icy and/or under snow for some months.
• Starting Point: At the Chinese Village, go across the small footbridge and follow signs. You can walk the trail clockwise or anti-clockwise.
• Maps: Download a map here
• Leave only footprints and take only photos.
Please respect the rights of the landowner. Before you start out, check with the Information Site at the Museum on Buckingham Street, as they have a full range of maps of all the trails. There is always something to do on the trail, so if you’re keen to help out with maintenance please get in touch with us.